عنوان مقاله [English]
One of the important items within the sixth development plan is the insurance industry, an industry that can be effective in the establishment and stabilization of resistive economy in the case it moves within the path of development and perfection. Assessment of the efficacy is among the main elements of productivity cycle and functions as a system controlling the other elements of the cycle. In this research, in order to assess the efficacy of private and public insurance companies, a comprehensive model with high accuracy was designed using data envelopment analysis. Due to considering “time” as the determining factor, the mentioned model is referred to as dynamic model of Data Window Analysis. In this research, by using the literature and expert opinion in research centers, the evaluation criteria were obtained and then using data window analysis during the period from 1385 to 1391, the efficiency of each unit was determined and finally, the units were ranked. Based on the conducted studies, three factors were considered as input, namely, total number of the employees, total number of the branches, and the sum of the assets; and five factors, namely, compensated losses, number of issued insurance cards, number of compensated losses, insurance income generated, and net profit and loss were considered as the model outputs. The findings show that Mellat Insurance Incorporation has perfect efficacy in all the studied years in comparison with the companies
- Akbari, N. A., & Zahedi Keyvan, M. (2008). The Application of Multi-index Ranking and Decision-Making Methods. Tehran: Organization of Municipalities and Villages of the Country (In Persian).
- Alirezaei, M. R., & Zerafat Angiz, A. (1999). The Evaluation of Performance of Power Distribution Companies with the Help of DEA. Journal of Management and Development Process, 2, 60-70, (In Persian).
- Dadashi, M. A., Ashegh Hosseyni Mehrabani, M., & Darchini, M. (2013). Cultural Development, Prerequisite for the Boom in the Insurance Industry, Educational, Research, News and Analytical Agriculture Quarterly. News and Analytical Agriculture, 25, 27-38, (In Persian).
- Ebadi, J., & Bagherzadeh, H. A. (2008). Examination the Technical Efficiency and efficiency Return on Scale of Public and Private Insurance Selected Companies. Tahghighate Eghtesadi, 3, (In Persian).
- Fallah, M. (2007). Evaluation the Effectiveness of Insurance Companies Branches by Data Envelopment Analysis. New Worlds Insurance, 115 & 116, (In Persian).
- Golestani, M. (2007). The Examination of the Efficiency Process of Government Insurance Companies During the Period of 1380-1384 Using the DEA Model. Master's Thesis, Tehran: Allameh Tabataba,i Univercity, (In Persian).
- Hanifezadeh, L. (2010). The structure of Ownership and Efficiency of Insurance Companies in Iran. Insurance Industry, 98, 139-164, (In Persian).
- Hasanzadeh, A. (2007). Efficiency and Effecting Factors on It in the Banking System of Iran. Journal of Economic Literature, 7, 75-98, (In Persian).
- Kao, C., & Hwang, S. N. (2008). Efficiency Decomposition in Two-Stage Data Envelopment Analysis: An Application to Non-Life Insurance Companies in Taiwan. European Journal of Operational Research, 185(1), 418-429.
- Karimi, F., Pirasteh, H., & Zahedi Keyvan, M. (2008). Determination of Wheat Agriculture Efficiency Using Time and Risk Factors Using Interval Data Envelopment Analysis and Window Data Envelopment Analysis, Agricultural Economic and Development, 64, 139-159, (In Persian).
- Purkazemi, M. H., Samsami, H., Ebrahimi Ghavanabadi, Kh. (2011). Measuring the Efficiency and Productivity of Public and Private Insurance Companies Using Data Envelopment Analysis and Malm quist Index. Insurance Research, 104, 1-26, (In Persian).
- Saeidi Mehrabad, M., & Ehsani, R. (2004). Designing an Integrated Performance Assessment Model for Research Centers. Second International Management Conference, (In Persian).
- Sengupta, J. K. (1995). Dynamics of Data Envelopment Analysis: Theory of Systems Efficiency, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Sengupta, J. K. (1996). Dynamic Aspects of Data Envelopment Analysis. Economic Notes, 25.
- Shang, J., & Sueyoshi, T. (1995). A Unified Framework for the Selection of a Flexible Manufacturing System. European Journal of Operational Research, 85(2), 297-315.
- Siriopoulos, C., & Tziogkidis, P. (2010). How Do Greek Banking Institutions React After Significant Events? A DEA Approach. Omega Journal, 38(5), 294-308.
- Varmiziar, M. (2010). The Examination of the Efficiency of Different Branches of Refah Bank in Kurdistan Province Based on Data Envelopment Analysis Model. Master's Thesis, Sanandaj: Islamic Azad university, (In Persian).
- Yang, Z. (2006). A Two-Stage DEA Model to Evaluate the Overall Performance of Canadian Life and Health Insurance Companies. Mathmatical and Computer Modelling, 43(7/8), 910-919.