- Alvesson, M. (2004), Knowledge Work and Knowledge-Intensive Firm, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Amayah, A.T. (2013), Determinants of knowledge sharing in a public sector organization. Journal of Knowledge Management, 17(3), 454–471.
- Andrews, K.M. and Delahay, B.L. (2000), Influences on knowledge processes in organizational learning: the psychosocial filter. Journal Management Studies, 37(6), 797–810.
- Bakker, M., Leenders, R.Th.A.J., Gabbay, S.M., Kratzer, J. and Van Engelen, J.M.L. (2006), Is trust really social capital? Knowledge sharing in product development projects. The Learning Organization, 13(6), 594–605.
- Berends, H., van der Bij, H., Debackere, K. and Weggeman, M. (2006), Knowledge sharing mechanisms in industrial research, R&D Management, 37(1), 85−95.
- Bock, G.W., Kankanhalli, A. and Sharma, S. (2006), Are norms enough? The role of collaborative norms in promoting organizational knowledge seeking. European Journal of Information Systems, 15, 357–367.
- Calantone, R.J., Cavusgil, S.T. and Zhao, Y. (2002), Learning orientation, firm innovation capability, and firm performance. Industrial Marketing Management, 31(6), 515–24.
- Chang, C.W., Huang, H.C., Chiang, C.Y., Hsu, C.P. and Chang, C.C. (2012), Social capital and knowledge sharing: effects on patient safety. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 68(8), 1793–1803.
- Chang, H.H. and Chuang, S.S. (2011), Social capital and individual motivations on knowledge sharing: Participant involvement as a moderator. Information & Management, 48(1), 9–18.
- Chennamaneni, A., Teng, J.T.C. and Raja, M.K. (2012), A unified model of knowledge sharing behaviours: theoretical development and empirical test. Behaviour & Information Technology, 31(11), 1097–1115.
- Chin, W.W. (1998), The partial least squares approach to structural equation modeling, in Marcoulides, G.A. (Ed.), Modern Methods for Business Research, Lawrence Erlbaum, Mahwah, NJ, pp. 295–336.
- Chiu, C.M., Hsu, M.H. and Wang, E.T.G. (2006), Understanding knowledge sharing in virtual communities: An integration of social capital and social cognitive theories. Decision Support Systems, 42(3), 1872–1888.
- Chow, W.S. and Chan L.S. (2008), Social network, social trust and shared goals in organizational knowledge sharing. Information & Management, 45(7), 458–465.
- Davenport, T.H. and Prusak, L. (1998), Working Knowledge: How Organizations Manage What They Know, Harvard Business School Press, Boston, MA.
- Fathi, N.M., Eze, U.C. and Goh, G.G.G (2011), Key determinants of knowledge sharing in an electronics manufacturing firm in Malaysia. Library Review, 60(1), 53–67.
- Fornell, C. and Larcker, D.F. (1981), Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error. Journal of Marketing Research, 18(1), 39–50.
, A. Mohebi
, P. and Ghlichlee
, B. (2013), Relationship between knowledge sharing and innovation in financial service organizations (Case study: Refah Kargaran Bank). Management Research in Iran, 17(1), 201–220. (In Persian)
- Hair, J., Anderson, R. and Tatham, R. B. (1998), Multivariate data analysis, Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River.
- Hansen, M.T. (1999), The search-transfer problem: the role of weak ties in sharing knowledge across organization subunits. Administrative Science Quarterly, 44(1), 82–111.
- Hassandoust, F., Logeswaran, R. and Kazerouni, F. (2011), Behavioral factors influencing virtual knowledge sharing: theory of reasoned action. Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education, 3(2), 116–134.
- Hassanzade, M., Alipour-Irangh S. and Zandian, F. (2014), Investigating the Relationship between Social Capital and Knowledge Sharing at Iran’s National Information Centers. Human Information Interaction, 1(1), 27–43. (In Persian)
- Hau, Y.S., Kim, B., Lee, H. and Kim, Y.G. (2013), The effects of individual motivations and social capital on employees’ tacit and explicit knowledge sharing intentions. International Journal of Information Management, 33(2), 356–366.
- Huang, C.C. (2009), Knowledge sharing and group cohesiveness on performance: An empirical study of technology R&D teams in Taiwan. Technovation, 29(11), 786–797.
- Hung, S.Y., Durcikova, A., Lai, H.M. and Lin, W.M. (2011), The influence of intrinsic and extrinsic motivation on individuals’ knowledge sharing behavior. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 69(6), 415–427.
- Iranzadeh, S. and Pakdelbonab, M. (2014), Investigating the role of knowledge management implementation in labor productivity in Islamic Azad University Tabriz Branch. Productivity Management (Beyond Management), 7(28), 51–74. (In Persian)
- Khaki, G. (2007), Productivity management with analytical approach in organization, Teheran: Kohsar Publication. (In Persian)
- Lin, H.F. (2007), Knowledge sharing and firm innovation capability: An empirical study. International Journal of Manpower, 28(3/4), 315−332.
- Lohmöller, J.B. (1984), LVPLS Program Manual: Latent Variables Path Analysis with Partial Least Squares Estimation, Zentralarchiv für empirische Sozialforschung, Köln.
- Mirsepasi, N. (2013), Strategic management of human resources and work relations, Tehran: Mir Publication. (In Persian)
- Mohammadi, R., Honari, H. and Keshkar, S. (2014), The investigation of the relationship between knowledge management subsystems in the Learning Organization and Human Resource Productivity in selected sport federation. Sport Management (Harakat), 6(1), 57–74. (In Persian)
- Mooradian, T., Renzl, B. and Matzler, K. (2006), Who trusts? Personality, trust and knowledge sharing. Management Learning, 37(4), 523–40.
- Nahapiet, J. and Ghoshal, S. (1998), Social capital, intellectual capital, and the organizational advantage. Academy of Management Review, 23(2), 242–66.
- Renzi B. (2008), Trust in management and knowledge sharing: the mediating effects of fear and knowledge documentation. Omega, 36(2), 206–220.
- Sayyadi, S., Chamanifard, R. and Nikpour, A. (2015), Mediating role of employee job satisfaction in the relationship between intellectual capital and productivity (Case study: North West Tejarat Bank of Tehran City). Productivity Management (Beyond Management), 9(34), 27–44. (In Persian)
, M., Barzegar Qarabag
, J., Feyzi
, J.S. and Pashazadeh
, Y. (2013), A Study on the Role and the Effect of Staff's Individual Factors on the Quality knowledge Sharing. Journal of Development & Evolution Management,1391(11), 73–81. (In Persian)
- Tsai, W. and Ghoshal, S. (1998), Social Capital and Value Creation: The Role of Interfirm Networks. Academy of Management Journal, 41(4), 464–476.
- Van den Hooff, B. and De Ridder, J.A. (2004), Knowledge sharing in context: the influence of organizational commitment, communication climate and CMC use on knowledge sharing. Journal of Knowledge Management, 8(6), 117–130.
- Van den Hooff, B. and Huysman, M. (2009), Managing knowledge sharing: emergent and engineering approaches. Information & Management, 46(1), 1–8.
- Van den Hooff, B. and Van Weenen, F.D.L. (2004), Committed to share: commitment and CMC use as antecedents of knowledge sharing. Knowledge and Process Management, 11(1), 13–24.
- Wagner, J.A. (1995), Studies of individualism-collectivism: effects on cooperation in groups. Academy of Management Journal, 38(1), 152–172.
- Wei, J., Zheng, W., and Zhang, M. (2011), Social capital and knowledge transfer: A multi-level analysis. Human Relation, 64(11), 1401–1423.
- Willem A. and Scarbrough, H. (2006), Social capital and political bias in knowledge sharing: an exploratory study. Human Relations, 59(10), 1343–1370.
- Yang, S.C., and Farn, C.K. (2009), Social capital, behavioural control, and tacit knowledge sharing: A multi-informant design. International Journal of Information Management, 29(3), 210–218.
- Yli-Renko H., Autio E. and Tontti, V. (2002), Social capital, knowledge, and the international growth of technology-based new firms. International Business Review, 11(3), 279–304.